Simple Adventure Game System
version 1 by Philip Black
- Chapter: Introduction
- Section: What this extension does:
- Section: What this extension does NOT do (These Features are only available in the full Alchemy Poison & Item Crafting Engine by Philip Black):
- Chapter: Combining Objects
- Section: Simple Combining
- Section: Handling Objects In Your Game (Important!)
- Section: Multiple Results for Different Objects
- Chapter: Alchemy, Potions, and Combinations that Require a Bottle
- Chapter: Transferable Poisons & Contamination
- Section: Removed for the Simple Adventure Game System.
- Section: Adding poisons and alcohol to your game
- Chapter: Tool Use - Using a Tool to Modify An Object
- Chapter: Machines - Making a Device That Processes Objects
- Chapter: Using the System to Make an Adventure Game Style Object Puzzle
- Section: Stopping the Player From Combining & Doing Something Else
- Section: Running a Special Script Instead of Combining
- Section: Replacing Default Messages For Spesific Combos
- Chapter: Attacking Things and Transforming Things
- Chapter: Troubleshooting Bugs and Glitches
- Section: General
- Section: If you get a bug during gameplay
- Section: When Compiling Fails Totally
- Section: 'The X and the Y just don't seem to go together' (But you know they should).
- Section: Scripting error: Can't move [a thing] to nothing.
- Section: Combination only works ONCE.
- Section: Combination works, but when you create new items the item's name text is blank.
- Chapter: Final Thanks
- Example: * "Alchemy Workshop (Cut Down Version)." - a short game showing the extension features.
- Example: *** "We Come In Peace (Full Version)" - a short game showing the extension features.
The Simple Adventure Game System is a cut-down version of the full Alchemy Poison & Item Crafting Engine meant to only replicate the mechanics of point-and-click Adventure games (Such as Simon The Sorcerer) by adding a simple 'Use' Command to your game that allows you to run scripts and combine objects. It is meant only for people do not want or need a complex crafting system with dynamic toxins and alcohol. If you would like a full-scale crafting system, you should use that extension instead. If you change your mind later, you can upgrade. (Note: This extension still requires 'Dynamic Objects by Jesse McGrew')