Alchemy Poison & Item Crafting Engine
version 1 by Philip Black
- Chapter: Introduction
- Chapter: Combining Objects
- Section: Simple Combining
- Section: Handling Objects In Your Game (Important!)
- Section: Multiple Results for Different Objects
- Chapter: Alchemy, Potions, and Combinations that Require a Bottle
- Chapter: Transferable Poisons & Contamination
- Section: Alcohol & Poison
- Section: Contamination of New Items
- Section: Contamination of Flasks, Tools, & Machines
- Section: Cleaning Water & Purifying Poison and Alcohol From a Potion
- Section: The Results of Player Eating Poison
- Section: Advanced Poisons - Tweaking the Levels for Your Game
- Chapter: Tool Use - Using a Tool to Modify An Object
- Chapter: Machines - Making a Device That Processes Objects
- Chapter: Using the System to Make an Adventure Game Style Object Puzzle
- Section: Stopping the Player From Combining & Doing Something Else
- Section: Running a Special Script Instead of Combining
- Section: Replacing Default Messages For Spesific Combos
- Chapter: Attacking Things and Transforming Things
- Chapter: Troubleshooting Bugs and Glitches
- Section: General
- Section: If you get a bug during gameplay
- Section: When Compiling Fails Totally
- Section: 'The X and the Y just don't seem to go together' (But you know they should).
- Section: Scripting error: Can't move [a thing] to nothing.
- Section: Combination only works ONCE.
- Section: Combination works, but when you create new items the item's name text is blank.
- Chapter: Final Thanks
- Example: * "Alchemy Workshop." - a short game showing the extension features.
- Example: *** "We Come In Peace" - a short game showing the extension features.
The Alchemy Poison & Item Crafting Engine allows you to use objects on other objects to create new objects. For example, herbs that combine together to make a potion, or an item that is dropped into a machine, which then spits out a different item somewhere else. We can even use both methods to create an entire lab or a complex machine that takes raw materials and turns them into other things the player can use. With this extension you can set up recipes and tools that the player can try and use to make anything, use objects on things to trigger scripts, as well as adding interactive machines that drop items when you insert other items. Taint items with alcohol and various levels of Poison and easily customise their effects. You can also easily set up scripts that mimic the mechanics in classic adventure games (such as Simon the Sorcerer). NOTE: To use this extension you will NEED to install 'Dynamic Objects by Jesse McGrew'.
What this extension does:
* Adds a custom 'Use' command to your game with built-in Crafting, Alchemy, Object Combing and Dynamic Poison system features.
* Combine two object to make a third.
* Use an object on anything else to set off a script or reaction.
* Use a tool on an object to craft it. (Use knife on stick to get a spear, say)
* Make a potion in a returnable flask (you get the flask back when you drink it).
* Use an object on a machine to dispense new object into a hopper.
* Poisonous objects that taint recipes they are used in.
* Set poison amount so that some items kill you, and other items don't
* Combine toxic objects to create deadly poisons
* Fully dynamic, realistic, poison contamination system - bottles, machines, and tools can be tainted with traces of poison by a careless player.
* Cleaners to take care of poisoned tools, flasks, and machines.
* Purification tablets that remove poisons and alcohol to make potions safe to drink.
* Degrading poisons that wear off of tools, bottles, and machines as they are used.