version 4/080508 by Mikael Segercrantz
- Chapter: Introduction
- Chapter: Definitions
- Chapter: Using Achievements
- Section: Table of Scored Objects
- Section: Table of Scored Places
- Section: Table of Achievements
- Section: Table of Achievement Ranking
- Section: Scoring an Achievement
- Section: Testing for Achievements
- Section: Scoring of rooms and objects
- Chapter: Modification
- Example: ** Where ever thou art - Demonstrating the use of achievements, locations scored and items
The Achievements extension allows for ease of scoring in a game. It allows for different achievements to be scored, as well as finding certain items and rooms. All the achievements, items, and rooms for scoring are managed through tables; the Table of Achievements, the Table of Scored Objects, and the Table of Scored Places respectively.
The extension replaces the score and the full score handling of Inform 7, including the final score displaying, to manage the listing of scores from the tables, and, as of version 4, does not contain any Inform 6 code anymore, thanks to the new end of game handling in Inform 7 5T18.