version 12 by Michael Callaghan
Section: Version 5
- Improves the before rule for aimless patrollers so that adjacent rooms through a door have an equal chance of being selected to those with a direct connection.
- Solves a bug that prevented TwoWayRepeated patrollers retracing their routes.
- Splits out those parts of the rules that print responses into separate phrases to make it easier for us to change the text outputs.
- Adds a following mode so that the Patroller will attempt to follow the player.
- Adds a new value, Frequency, that specifies whether the patroller tries to move every turn, every other turn, etc.
- Adds two new internal commands "Activate Patroller" and "Deactivate Patroller" to set the patroller to active or inactive as required.
Version 5 requires release 5J39 of Inform 7.