Glulx Status Window Control
version 1/100630 by Erik Temple
- Section: Opening and closing the status window
- Section: Changing the background color of the status window
- Section: Using Glulx Status Window Control with multiple Glulx windows
- Section: Using Glulx Status Window Control with Flexible Windows
- Section: Updating the status line
- Example: * Kaleidoscope - This simple example shows how we can change the color of both the text and the background of the status window: A random color is chosen for each of these at the end of each turn, and the status window reconstructed to allow for the new colors to be displayed.
Glulx Status Window Control allows an author control over many aspects of the behavior of the status window. We can control when it opens (especially useful in a situation where we have multiple windows), have it open either above or below the main text window, change the background color, close and reopen it at will, and even eliminate it entirely.
Glulx Status Window Control requires Emily Short's Glulx Text Effects extension, which is built into Inform. **Be sure to include Glulx Text Effects if other extensions in your project do not already do so.** Glulx Status Window Control is compatible with Simple Graphical Window, Flexible Windows, and the special customizations for the status window available in Basic Text Effects.