Neutral Library Messages
version 3/120107 by Aaron Reed
Version 3/120107 of Neutral Library Messages by Aaron Reed begins here.
"Replaces the most misleading and narratively-voiced parser messages with more instructive or neutral versions."
3: Modified NPC action rejections to use the same verb the player typed in cases where this could be confusing (hug mapping to kiss).
2: Fixed bug in misc message 72 to use "the person asked" instead of "the noun"; clarified documentation
-- modify to work with Custom Library Messages, too.
-- A weak/strong version, the first of which does nothing controversial but tone massaging?
- Chapter - Compatibility
- Chapter - Messages
- Section - Better Instruction
- Section - Generic action rejections
- Section - NPC action rejections
- Section - Generic action acceptance messages
- Section - You Can't See Any Such Thing
- Section - Personality-neutral parser
- Section - Performance
- Section - Less Excited parser
- Section - Story, not Game
- Section - Parser-styled action messages
- Section - Parser-styled misc messages
- Section - Unreplaced Messages
- Chapter - Hacks
- Section - Fixing the Score
- Section - Fixing Other Miscellaneous Messages
- Section - Player Description (in place of Section SR1/11 - People in Standard Rules by Graham Nelson)
- Section - Only as far as
- Chapter - Misc Helpers
- Section - British/American Spellings (for use without Keyword Interface by Aaron Reed)
- Section - Extensions to Plurality
- Section - Posture
- Chapter - Parser Style
- Chapter - Utility Functions