Lines of Communication
version 1 by Aaron Reed
Lines of Communication (for Glulx only) by Aaron Reed begins here.
"This extension creates a manager for file i/o, designed to ease communication with one or more external programs running in parallel with an Inform story. External programs can send parseable commands that are executed in the background when their associated file channel is switched on. Requires Real-Time Delays by Erik Temple."
- Chapter - Definitions
- Chapter - Enabling and Disabling
- Chapter - Polling Frequency
- Chapter - Pinging
- Chapter - Marking commands from external files
- Chapter - Merged Inputs
- Chapter - Real-time file channels
- Chapter - Background file channels
- Chapter - Persistent Files
- Chapter - Cleanup
- Chapter - Output
- Chapter - No Console (for use without Console by Aaron Reed)